|Updating Your PartyCAD 11|
If you got here by clicking About in
If you got here by browsing the PartyCAD web
site, please make
Updating your software will apply the following changes:
- Revision 11.0.83
11/16/10- Revision 11.0.82
-Added ability to Restore PartyCAD.NET files as projects in PartyCAD 11.
10/18/10 - Revision 11.0.81
-You can now add your own Picture Base entries to the Party Wizard. To do so:
1. Create a project using the Picture Base entry in the Party Wizard
2. Make any desired adjustments to the page design in Layout Page
3. Save the page and return to the Main Menu
4. Add the project to the Party Wizard in normal fashion, except name it Party Base 2 (or Party Base 3, etc)
5. Exit back to the Main Menu and exit PartyCAD.
The next time you run the program, Party Base 2 will be available for use in the Party Wizard
8/10/10 - Revision 11.0.80
- Revision 11.0.57
5/7/09- Revision 11.0.55
- Improved performance when PartyCAD 11 is emulating an earlier version of the software.
4/23/09- Revision 11.0.53
- In VR, increased the maximum number of tents in a design from 150 to 450.
- In Layout Page, improved the registration of colors to line drawings.
4/19/09- Revision 11.0.51
- In the Tent Wizard, made minor changes to support Eureka Oval tents which are available for download at the Additional Online PartyCAD Furniture page.
- Coloring plans that contain flat trees or people on their perimeter results in a mismatch between the drawn plan and the underlying colored version in Layout Page. The problem has not as yet been fixed, but PartyCAD now senses the condition and suggests a workaround.
4/15/09- Revision 11.0.48
- In Layout Page, creating a PDF of a page the contained colored drawings caused an error if PartyCAD attempted to use the new PDF library to do so. Fixed.
1. The length of the line is now reported at the top of the screen as you drag to create a line.
2. If you hold the Ctrl key as you drag, the line will be constrained to be either a horizontal or vertical line.
4/14/09- Revision 11.0.46
- The makers of the third-party library used by PartyCAD to produce PDF files have released a new version. Installing this will reduce the size of generated PDF by about 3%, which is not much, but the new library also fixes long standing spacing problems in PDFs on machine set to use large fonts. To install the new library, make sure you have administrative privileges turned on and then click here. After that, update PartyCAD by clicking the Update to Build button above. Note: if the install of the new library fails for any reason, PartyCAD will continue to use the old one.
- Minor large font related display formatting problems in the Main Menu, Layout Page, Furnish and VR modules were fixed.
4/10/09- Revision 11.0.44
- In Layout Page, certain common fonts are no longer embedded in PDFs since they are universally available on Windows XP and Windows Vista. This change reduces the size of PDFs created by Layout Page by about 500 kb. The fonts that are no longer embedded are Arial, Verdana, Courier New and Times New Roman.
- Added new Tentnology tents to the Tent Wizard - see here
4/2/09- Revision 11.0.42
- In VR, improved performance and reliability of the creation of output files
- In VR, increased the maximum number of tents in a design from 50 to 150
- In the Party Wizard, sometimes the default naming of file was faulty. Fixed.
- In Furnish, jumping a piece did not mark the design as changed. Fixed.
- In Layout Page, smoothed deletion and selection of picture base related plans.
- In Furnish, large groups slowed piece selection. Fixed.
3/25/09- Revision 11.0.40
- In Layout Page, when saving a page to a non-project folder as a PDF, JPG or Bitmap via the File menu, PartyCAD neglected to return focus to the current project at the completion of the operation. Fixed.
3/24/09- Revision 11.0.38
- In Layout Page, very large projects could overrun the capacity of PartyCAD to store needed temporary data. Fixed.
- In Make Plan, topologically incorrect plans could cause the program to fail. Fixed.
- In Layout Page, protect against a corrupt watermark info file.
3/15/09- Revision 11.0.36
- In Layout Page, greatly decreased the size of PDFs of watermarked pages. Such PDFs are now also produced much more quickly.
- In Make Web Page, the ad for PartyCAD has been removed from the bottom of generated web pages.
- In VR, added hooks to allow the recording of videos with certain external software.
- In Layout Page, added date format checking to head off problems on French language systems.
- AVI files are no longer saved in backed up projects. These can be huge.
3/11/09- Revision 11.0.34
- WMV files are no longer saved in backed up projects. These are often very large and can easily be regenerated from the much tinier VRM files they are based upon.
- Arrays in VR were expanded to accommodate larger DXF files.
- Web pages that contained pictures for plans were incorrectly constructed. Fixed.
- In Furnish, layers 12 and 13 were marked as unselectable. Fixed.
- In Furnish, edited text was always moved to layer 1. Fixed
3/10/09- Revision 11.0.32
- In Layout Page, clicking the GoTo VR button at the top right of the screen takes you to the VR module where you are allowed to create additional views and movies. If you arrive at VR in this way and create an elevation view, the name of the view will default to SCALE~x. Such views when loaded onto a page will be treated as scaled objects, like a floor plan, and can have dimensions applied to them.
- In VR, elevation views now default to line drawings without color. Coloring of elevations gives inconsistent results and will be addressed in a future build.
- In VR, the default location for saved WMVs has been changed to the desktop.
- On systems where Windows Media Encoder was not installed, PartyCAD asked after every update if you wanted to install it. Fixed. The question is now asked only during the initial install and when you attempt to save a WMV.
3/9/09- Revision 11.0.30
- In Main Menu Help link was to What's New in Version 10 rather than version 11. Fixed
- In Party Wizard, when selecting a picture to act as a plan in Picture Base, you had to first select the type of image file. Improved. All supported image formats (.bmp, .png, .jpg) are now shown together.
- In Party Wizard, when selecting a picture to act as a plan in Picture Base, the caption of the picture selection menu has been improved to be more meaningful.
- In Party Wizard, when you clicked the Change Logo button, you had to first select the type of image file. Improved. All supported image formats (.bmp, .png, .jpg) are now shown together.
- In Party Wizard, when creating a plan based upon a picture, canceling out of the wizard is now handled more gracefully.
- In Party Wizard, when creating a 3D plan (Venue Base,) canceling out of the wizard is now handled more gracefully.
- In Make Plan, the default ceiling height has been changed to 16 feet (5 meters.)
- In Layout Page, adjustments to the layer order of page art were forgotten if the design was modified. Fixed.
- In Make Web Page, the menu was positioned too far to the right for some machines. Fixed.
- In List & Report, skipped pieces in the Price Catalog caused List & Report to fail. Fixed.
- In List & Report, you can now add up to 3 miscellaneous items to the piece list. This allows items such as delivery charges to be shown in the reports produced by List & Report.
- In VR, a piece colored dark brown would be recognized as a plan or tent and often cause PartyCAD to fail. Fixed.
- Removed automatic updating of VR movies when a design changed. This is no longer needed now that Picture Show has been retired. VR movies are automatically updated as they load in the VR module.
2/26/09- Revision 11.0.28
- A "could not display non-modal form" error would occasionally occur while the Party Wizard was creating an event that contained a movie. Fixed.
- Modified error reporting on failure to coordinate.
2/18/09 - Revision 11.0.24
Registration of line drawings to color backgrounds on colored views in PDF files of pages was way off. It is much better now though still not quite perfect.
2/18/09- Revision 11.0.23
Prior to version 10 the coloring of views in the View module was handled via WMF files. WMF stands for Windows Metafile. This was a weak way of doing coloring because such files could not be included in PDF versions of pages produced by Layout Page. With PartyCAD 11 all support for WMF files has been stripped from the program and such files are automatically removed from your pages as they load. Build 23 takes care of a few loose ends regarding WMFs. Most notably, you can no longer load such files via Layout Page's Load Part command. If you have pages that include WMF art created outside of PartyCAD, you can still use this art by converting it to a BMP file. BMPs are fully supported. Call Hank (814 226 5600) if this necessary change makes for problems using your older projects.
2/16/09- Revision 11.0.21
A long-time user of PartyCAD supplied a very old and complex project that turned up the bugs that are addressed below:
- In Layout Page, if there were no view on a page, the program would fail when the page was loaded. Fixed
- In Layout Page, if a needed arrangement was missing, PartyCAD would fail. Fixed
- In Layout Page, seeking to create additional views would sometimes misbehave due to prior work on the page. Fixed
- In Layout Page, plans that were rotated had to be re-rotated each time they were modified. Fixed
- In Layout Page, with very old pages, the first time a plan was modified art related to the plan was not updated. Fixed
- In Layout Page, killing a very old page sometimes caused PartyCAD to crash. Fixed
- In VR, saved movies would not start with a plain background. Fixed.
- In VR, the cursor is now automatically moved out of the way during recording of WMV files.
- in VR, trees are now handled correctly when creating full views.
- In Split/ Edit projects, the presence of \JPG\ files caused PartyCAD to fail. Fixed
2/10/09- Revision 11.0.19
- In Layout Page, loading pages created with PartyCAD 9 or before which contained painted line drawings caused PartyCAD 11 to fail. Fixed. The paint is now removed from such drawings just as PartyCAD 10 paint is removed. It is a simple matter to recreate the painted view by right-clicking the part and using the VR module's "Render w/ lines" style to re-color the view.
2/7/09 - Revision 11.0.17
- Tent poles created as part of tents generated by older versions of the Tent Wizard were not rendering properly in the VR module. Fixed.
- VR now better remembers changes to the background color if the drawing style or type is changed.
- In VR, the lighting cone was not disappearing when a lighting adjustment was complete. Fixed.
2/5/09- Revision 11.0.16
- In Layout Page, if you did not save changes on exiting, the thumbnail of the revised page was saved anyway, even though the actual page data was handled correctly. Fixed.
- In VR, if you changed the background color of a picture then changed the style of drawing, the background color would revert to the default color. Fixed. The new background color is now remembered across style changes.
- In VR, changed the function of the magnifying glass buttons in the Adjust section. Clicking these button now steps the picture size up or down to allow you to select from common sizes.
- In Furnish, when coloring, the setting for All is always checked by default but now retains user changes on a particular visit to Furnish.
- Improved handling of Background buttons in VR.
- Unneeded HHTemp file is now removed at the termination of "picture plan" setup.
- Z-fighting in the view shown while using the Tent Wizard's Sidewalls menu has been eliminated.
1/29/09- Revision 11.0.12
- Made adjustments to improve performance of background pictures
1/26/09- Revision 11.0.11
- PartyCAD 11 release version